Wednesday, May 6, 2009

2 Swords and a Spear

1. It was Biology class. Biology class after recess.

2. The teacher was talking in front. Talking. Talking about biology. Giving out the answer to the worksheets. The worksheets she had given. Everything we need to know about the workings of the nervous system.

3. Along the lesson, she kept telling us, repeating about how difficult biology is, all the things that need remembering, the commitment needed in constant reading...

4. You can tell it was a boring lesson. It was obviously a boring lesson. But I enjoyed it anyway. I get fascinated easily by the most boring things.

5. But my friend Jalil, started showing signs of boredom. He started drawing swords in my notebook. They looked cool. I like looking at sketches of cool, long swords. As I said, I get impressed easily.

6. He also drew this kinda african-tribal-looking spear, which had some sort of fin-like extensions on both sides.

7. There was also this two-bladed dagger thing, which also looked cool.

8. I am collecting artwork, and his sketches were rather inspiring. These artworks from Jalil reveals his inner-subconscious mind, and shows the inner-workings of his brain at the time of the biology lesson.

9. So, I asked his permission to put the drawings on this blog. He agreed. So here they are. Thanks, Jalil. Totally appreciate it.









No comments:

Post a Comment