Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alfa Romeo 159 Price Hike


It is with great displeasure that I am commenting on the price change of the Alfa Romeo 159 for the year 2010. Now, the 159 is priced at 195888 Ringgit. Previously, it was priced at RM 188888. Could someone please explain to me why this car, which is still the same in every way as last year (no changes in spec), suddenly needs to be charged a premium 7000 Rinngit more than previously? I do not understand how this works. Indeed, something seems fishy here.

The 159 is currently Italy's (Alfa Romeo's) premium small-sized sedan. Generally, the 159 competes with the likes of the Mercedes C-class, BMW 3-series, and other worthy premium small sedans. In my view, surely the Alfa is a winner in this segment, priced relatively cheap at 188888, compared to those German sedans, which go for above 220k for the low-end models. But, price is not everything here. The 159 is just up there design-wise, with its distinctive and agressive stance and presence. Basically, the 159 is the best out there.

I must admit that this Alfa Romeo is my favourite car, for design reasons. So, its kind of depressing to hear a price hike on the 159. 7000 ringgit extra? Geez, that's a little too harsh. Then again, why take my word for it? I can't even afford the car when it was 7000 Ringgit cheaper...

What's next, sugar price hike? Oh, wait...argggh!
[Info sourced from Paul Tan]

No comments:

Post a Comment