Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wednesday, 23rd December 2009; A Journey

night journey...

23rd December 2009; I spent a whole day on the highway. The family was traveling from KL back to Alor Setar. I always enjoy long drives on the highway. I can't explain it. There's a thrill inside of me, a thrill that comes with the journey.

We started from Cyberjaya in the afternoon, and only reached Alor Setar by nearly eleven at night. It was a long trip, its been a satisfying week. The family was back from Dubai, and I was back from Petronas, Perak. Now, we're all together in the car, cruising along the highway. It was fun. It was one of the best days I ever had.

We stopped at Taiping, got some rest, and ate my aunt's birthday cake. She turned 55, on the same day I turned 17. It was good chocolate cake.

Running along the highway from Taiping, I looked up. I saw the darkest sky, lit up by the most magnificent display of stars; the most amount of stars I had ever seen on a single night. I cannot remember observing such a stunning starry night before.

The view of the night sky in the middle of the highway is above all else.

It made me wonder in awe how insignificant the Earth is, and how meaningless the existence of man is on this insignificant Earth.

And yet, man is blessed with breathtaking star-lit skys, lush greeneries, and everything he could ever need on this Earth. Man is given the power to choose what is best for him by God.

The starry night also reminded me of another thing; my grandfather's deep words which he said to me at noon, when we were just leaving KL...

No comments:

Post a Comment